Thursday, March 26, 2009

At Home With a Cup of Tea

Now I am home with a cup of tea and my laptop, trying to record some final thoughts. As usual, the day strengthened my conviction that we have the best students and the best faculty in the world. I wish more people could have the opportunity to spend the day as a Whittier student and see our excellence for themselves. I want to do it again – tomorrow and next week. Maybe especially next week. Are there any takers to switch places on the trip to Costa Rica?

Thank you, Caitlin, for the opportunity to share a bit of your life. “Walking in your shoes” was interesting and fun. And let me tell you: watching you sit on the stool in a Stauffer classroom tonight, directing the U.S. team headed for Model UN and confidently mentoring and encouraging your peers affirmed my belief that the College was in good hands with you as our President-for-the day. We will all want to follow news of your adventures after graduation; you will make us proud.

Go Poets!
Sharon Herzberger

No comments:

Post a Comment